Th ancient Egyptians were black
Why are we still debating this?
Egypt is Middle East of what doe?
Herodotus and plenty of old white men have said the Egyptians are black with wooly hair.. So um what is the debate !
you know what someone once said to me that really struck me? How racist it is that we can’t believe that the aincent mayans and the egyptians did the things while no one questions leonardo da vinci and other europeans.
/completely irrelevant lolo
^^i don’t think so. this is part of the reason why we don’t depict the ancient egyptians as Black. i was watching the scorpion king this morning, with the rock in it. and it was interesting seeing how the first Black woman I saw was a sex worker and then a maid. I can’t remember what Black man I saw aside from Michael Clarke who was still portrayed as a bit “uncivil”. And lo and behold, the kings and tops were all middle eastern looking. And what color was the scientist? One of the few white men in the movie played the scientist. the idea that science was somehow imported to ancient egypt from some white countries is absurd. but this is how they paint it. and the marvelous wonders that have come from ancient egypt can’t be shown to come from Black people because then it means we were actually some of the first “civilized” people on earth, invalidating basically every other reason for enslavement, colonization and the denial of humanity.
Dude, I can’t even with the Scorpion King.
The idea that ancient Egyptians were not black all stems from racist “scientists” and the dudes who invented the Egyptology wing of archaeology. Once they started really studying the things the ancient Egyptians did and how long ago they did them, they realized that these people were BAMF before their European ancestors even got it together to make fire. But the very idea that black people, who were already being painted as savages by earlier colonialist efforts, could be involved in that level of science and technology completely flew in the face of all their racist thinking. So they decided the Egyptians weren’t black Africans after all.
I think the Ancient Aliens thing started to come in when people realized that you absolutely cannot make the argument that Egyptians weren’t black. So, again, instead of acknowledging how BAMF they were, suddenly aliens are the reason.
Every argument for the Egyptians not being black is rooted in racism, not fact.
And honestly? The ancient Egyptians were far more culturally and “racially” (based on the modern/invented notion of race) diverse than you’d gather from a cursory look at a history book. They were literally the middle of everything when “dynastic” Egypt was in full swing. So people from North, East and South of the land came to Egypt for the learning and the culture and the commerce. They didn’t bring science TO Egypt, they came there to learn it.
- knayo likes this
- thefourthman07 likes this
- justkeyta reblogged this from foreverdanni
- cloudedbrilliance likes this
- cloudedbrilliance reblogged this from dontbeabutthole and added:
- sovietsiren likes this
- humansince91 likes this
- foreverdanni reblogged this from siddharthasmama
- hollowvibrations likes this
- iwuvusherr likes this
- bitsandbabbles likes this
- fosach3 likes this
- proteinpills reblogged this from siddharthasmama
- proteinpills likes this
- predictablefreak reblogged this from siddharthasmama
- siddharthasmama reblogged this from thatfeministqueer
- hehahorfnort reblogged this from thatfeministqueer
- retrogradewaters likes this
- kiranerys likes this
- thatfeministqueer reblogged this from theangryblack
- beautifuldarkgalaxies reblogged this from theangryblack
- bobthegenericuser likes this
- bitteroreo reblogged this from theangryblack
- bitteroreo likes this
- you-betta-trip-on-this reblogged this from weareallafricans
- stoptrollingmybloghoe likes this
- dawtaofsehkmet reblogged this from weareallafricans
- derusaert likes this
- tequieromicorazon reblogged this from peaceloveandafropuffs
- cole-world reblogged this from theelectricrelaxation and added:
- spawnofhumanbeings reblogged this from weareallafricans
- raresenses likes this
- ponyrapist reblogged this from theelectricrelaxation
- younggiftedafricanqueen reblogged this from weareallafricans and added:
- thetroupeimperial likes this
- ayothewuisback likes this
- orangedelicatesse likes this
- cazalzzyzzx likes this
- blackpeoplemeethistory likes this
- theelectricrelaxation reblogged this from blackfootprints
- weareallafricans reblogged this from blackfootprints
- kinkscurves likes this
- blaque-pixie likes this
- idreamflyforever reblogged this from theuppitynegras
- theuppitynegras reblogged this from peaceloveandafropuffs
- peaceloveandafropuffs reblogged this from karnythia and added:
- ghostnate likes this
- sexgenderbody reblogged this from envelopetide
- envelopetide reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard
- rexcerebri reblogged this from theangryblack